Systems and Site Engineer
As a Systems and Site Engineer you will be involved in installing and maintaining our Rail technology systems including:
- Line scanning cameras
- Machine Vision cameras
- Lighting systems
- Geometry Measurement systems
- Thermal sensors
- Industrial embedded Linux
- IP Networking and GPS/4G/5G
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in installation, commissioning and maintenance of technology in the field such as CCTV, monitoring or measurement equipment.
The candidate should be comfortable with gaining access to and working safely in restricted or secure environments which require inductions or access control. It is preferable if the candidate has experience of the rail industry.
- Install and commission systems that have been tested in the Bristol production facility.
- Troubleshoot and fault find existing systems.
- Liaise with clients to understand and help plan timings for site based activities.
- Plan work, risk assessments and method statements.
- Carry out work on-site in a safety conscious and professional manner.
- Communicate proactively with other team members to troubleshoot problems, create
- Contribute to building, configuring and testing systems.
- Build relationships with key on-site personnel.
- Create and maintain technical and test documentation.
Personal Qualities and Experience
- Self-motivated with good communication and organisational skills.
- Effective working under pressure.
- Strong delivery-focused work ethic.
- Flexible and adaptable style of approach but with meticulous and systematic attention to
detail when it matters.
- Written communication skills, including document/specification writing.
- Experience delivering projects in an industrial environment.
- Ideally a background/experience in electronics/electrical/mechanical engineering or similar field.
You would be a valued part of a small but growing team where your ideas and opinions are valued as we continue the exciting journey of One Big Circle.