Senior Systems Lead
We are looking for an experienced Senior or Principal Systems Engineer to take the lead in managing our Systems team that design, specify, test, build and commission our equipment.
You will be working on projects primarily destined for the railway environment. These systems might typically consist of technology such as line scanning and machine vision cameras, lighting, laser measurement systems, thermal sensors, industrial embedded Linux, IP networking, GPS/4G/5G. The ideal candidate will hold a broad fundamental understanding of integrating and fault-finding this type of equipment.
- Manage team of Systems engineers to understand project requirements, risks and blockers.
- Communicate with wider engineering software and electronics teams, project and product management teams for customer related deadlines.
- Deliver solutions on new and existing projects, ensuring compliance to project requirements, budget and timelines.
- Identify and mitigate technical project risks individually and with the team.
- Take ownership of complex technical problems to work the team to come to a solution.
- Be involved and interested in research being completed by team in order to make well informed technical decisions and reduce risks or improve delivery.
- Communicate proactively with other team members to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions and unblock technical issues.
- Build relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Testing and fault finding.
- Create and maintain technical and test documentation.
Personal Qualities and Experience
- Ability to manage talented engineers of different disciplines and experience.
- Self-motivated with good communication and organisational skills.
- Effective working under pressure.
- Strong delivery-focused work ethic.
- Flexible and adaptable style of approach but with meticulous and systematic attention to detail when it matters.
- Strong written communication skills, including document/specification writing.
- 5+ years experience delivering projects in an industrial environment.
- Ideally a background/experience in electronics/electrical engineering or similar field.
- UK Driving license and willingness to drive to various UK site locations.
- Railway experience desirable.
You would be a valued part of a small but growing team where your ideas and opinions are valued as we continue the exciting journey of One Big Circle.